Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited
Terms and Conditions
Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited Terms and Conditions
ONLINE BOOKING AGREEMENT
- Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited allows you to book an appointment for the NSAI Taximeter Verification Service (the “Service”) using this website (www.nsai.ie) (the “Site”), subject always to these Terms. In addition to these Terms, you acknowledge that when booking an appointment for the Service (an “Appointment”), you will be subject to any guidelines applicable to the Service, that may be posted from time to time on this Site or that may be transmitted to you by Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited, including by email or by post.
- Please read carefully through these Terms below before making your Appointment. Should you have any queries relating to these Terms, please contact our customer service team at telephone: 01 4135960 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- These Terms may be updated by us from time to time. You should therefore check this page regularly to note any changes we may have made to the Terms. Changes to the Terms will apply to Appointments made subsequent to the revised Terms being published.
Description of Service
- Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited provides you with the ability to book Appointments for the NSAI Legal Metrology Service via this Site. Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited does not guarantee that by making an Appointment through this Site you will be provided with the Service by Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited.
Agreement Between Us
- The binding agreement between you and us, pursuant to these Terms, will be formed after you have completed the Booking Process, once we have processed your request for the Service and once we have confirmed your Appointment. If your application for an Appointment is accepted, Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited will confirm your Appointment by email (to the email provided by you at the time of booking).
- You acknowledge that this Site is provided solely to help you book or cancel or rearrange an Appointment and you further confirm and acknowledge that:
(a) you possess the requisite authority and capacity to enter into these Terms;
(b) you will make the Appointment in accordance with all of the terms and conditions set out in the Terms, and any other guidelines that may be posted from time to time on the Site or sent to you by email or by post;
(c) your failure to comply with these Terms or the guidelines posted from time to time on the Site will constitute a default under these Terms and, subject to applicable law, will entitle Applus to terminate this Agreement and as a consequence, your Appointment;
(d) you will only use the Site to make legitimate Appointments; and
(e) you may be contacted at the telephone number or the email address provided on the Appointment Form to confirm your Appointment and you consent to being so contacted.
- Following your inspection, you may be contacted by Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited to undertake a short customer service research survey which will take no longer than 2-3 minutes to complete. If you do not wish to be contacted to undertake customer service research, please send your name and address to: email@example.com and you will not be included in any future surveys.
Making an appointment
- Once you have registered your details online with Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited and made an Appointment for the Service through this Site, we will send you an email to acknowledge your Appointment. This acknowledgement does not imply an acceptance of your request for an Appointment; rather your Appointment request is an offer to purchase an Appointment. Only when your Appointment has been confirmed by Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited shall the agreement between you and us, pursuant to these Terms, come into existence.
- Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited reserves the right to refuse any request for an Appointment for any reason. Appointments may be delayed or cancelled, including if Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited are not given accurate information and/or are unable to contact the person who has made the Appointment and/or the primary cardholder for the Appointment.
- By booking an Appointment using this Site you are confirming that you are able and willing to pay the charges arising or that may arise, as a result of booking an Appointment slot. To confirm an Appointment using this Booking Process we require payment of the relevant fee, as set out in the Booking Process.
- Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited will accept payment for an Appointment by the following means of payment: credit cards (Mastercard, Visa and Maestro); and debit cards (Debit MasterCard and Visa Debit). Please note that payment using credit and debit card(s) is (are) accepted in accordance with the limits authorised by your card issuer.
- Once you have made your Appointment, payment will be processed and your card will be debited of the relevant fee. Once the payment is confirmed we will send you confirmation of your Appointment.
- Appointments made using credit or debit cards are subject to authorization by the card issuer. If the card issuer refuses to authorize the payment for any reason, Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited is unable to process the payment. In this case, you will be notified of the refusal during the Appointment process.
- The payment reference that will appear on your statement will ordinarily be “Applus Car Testing Service”, however this may vary depending on your bank.
- On agreeing to a confirmed Appointment via this Site, the relevant fee will be taken from your payment card. Failure to show up for your test or cancelling within 48 hours of the appointment, will result in an automatic cancellation fee being levied by us and applied to your card.
- All fees and charges payable are inclusive of Value Added Tax.
- Fees are subject to change from time to time. We reserve the right to correct information, such as prices and promotions, which have been published on the Site.
- You can cancel an Appointment. This means that if prior to the appointment you change your mind, or you decide you do not want to keep an Appointment, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Appointment.
- Your right to cancel an Appointment starts from the date of the confirmation of your Appointment, which is when the agreement between us is formed. Further details of the cancellation fees applicable are set out in the Booking Process. For the avoidance of doubt, the right to cancel an Appointment shall not apply where performance of the Services has begun.
- To cancel/rearrange an Appointment, you must contact us in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to Applus Car Testing Service, 3026 Lakedrive, Citywest Business Campus, Naas Road, Dublin 24 OR please contact our customer services telephone line on 01 4135960. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records.
- A full refund will be provided when greater than 48 hours’ cancellation notice is given.
- A partial refund with a deduction for the cancelation fee will be provided when less than 48 hours’ cancellation notice is given or if you fail to turn up for the appointment.
- An additional payment will be applied to your card if you reschedule your appointment giving less than 48 hours’ notice.
- If you would like to give us feedback on your experience with the Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited, or have a cause for complaint, please telephone us at 01 4135994. If you are still dissatisfied following this call, please e-mail: email@example.com and specify that you wish to escalate your complaint. All complaints will be dealt with by our Customer Service Department in accordance with our Customer Charter.
Disclaimers of Warranties
- This Site is a tool to facilitate communications between Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited and those users wishing to make an Appointment for the Service.
- This Site is provided by Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited disclaims all warranties and conditions, express or implied.
- While reasonable care has been taken to ensure that all information contained on this Site is accurate and correct, Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies contained therein. You hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any materials found on this Site shall be at your sole risk.
- Neither Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited, any of our affiliates, nor any of our or their respective licensors, licensees, service providers or suppliers warrant or represent that this Site or any function contained in this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the servers that make the Site available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials incorporated in the Site or any third-party site accessed through the Site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or otherwise and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such product, offering, content or material.
- Although this Site is accessible worldwide, not all products or services discussed or referenced herein are available to all persons or in all geographic locations. Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited reserves the right to limit, in its sole discretion, the provision and quantity of any product or service to any person or geographic area as it deems appropriate. Any offer for any product or service made in or through this Site is void where prohibited.
- Please note that no advice or information, obtained by you through this Site shall create any warranty not expressly provided for in these Terms.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- These disclaimers apply to the fullest extent permitted by law
Limitation of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that (to the fullest extent permitted by law) we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages, or any other damages whatsoever, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), arising out of, or resulting from:
- the use or the inability to use the Site or to make an Appointment;
- the use of any content or other material on the Site or any website or websites linked to the Site;
- the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from this Site;
- unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data
- statements or conduct of any third party on this Site;
- Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited services featured on and/or sold on or via this Site; or
- any other matter relating to this Site.
- In no event shall Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence) exceed the amount paid by you to Applus in relation to your Appointment.
- The accuracy of the information on this Site is not guaranteed and does not constitute business or other professional advice and is subject to change and therefore Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or expense incurred upon using the information.
- The failure of Applus+ Car Testing Service Limited to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should give effect to the party’s intentions as reflected in these Terms and the other provisions of these Terms should remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms are to be construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland. In the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.